Products Liability, Pharmaceutical & Mass Tort Litigation
Steptoe & Johnson LLP boasts one of the premier products liability, pharmaceutical and mass tort litigation defense practices in the United States. Aggressively defending major chemical, petroleum, insurance company, and other clients in these large-scale litigations, our attorneys are particularly adept at reducing complex, technical issues to understandable concepts supported by compelling scientific and medical evidence.
Our lawyers are also highly skilled at defending class action claims and conducting liability and pharmaceutical litigation and multiparty litigation, as well as defending single-plaintiff, single-defendant cases. Our experience includes brokering advantageous large inventory settlements involving multiple plaintiffs' counsel and claims from several jurisdictions.
We currently serve as national coordinating counsel for a large company in connection with a portfolio of almost 50,000 active product liability suits pending in state and federal courts in all 50 states, developing and implementing effective litigation strategies sensitive to the special need for consistency with the enormous volume of litigation across jurisdictions, cases, and plaintiff lawyer adversaries.
Select News & Events
- Law360 Quotes Jennifer Quinn-Barabanov on Whirlpool Moldy Washer Verdict
- Law360 Covers Steptoe’s Jury Trial Win for CRC in Benzene Case
- Law360 Quotes Jennifer Quinn-Barabanov on Whirlpool Class Action Trial
- Law360 Covers Steptoe Appellate Victory for Shell in Water Pollution Case
- Vapor Intrusion: An Old Problem Made New
- Car-Hacked! Legal Liabilities From Vehicle Cyberattacks and Other Technology Upgrades
- “Thwarting Plaintiffs’ Advantage in a Vapor Intrusion Case,” ACI’s 2014 Chemical Products Liability and Environmental Litigation Seminar
- "The Intersection of Science and the Law: Life in the Post-Daubert World," National Complex Litigation Conference: A Symposium on Current & Emerging Issues