Products Liability, Pharmaceutical & Mass Tort Litigation
Steptoe & Johnson LLP boasts one of the premier products liability, pharmaceutical and mass tort litigation defense practices in the United States. Aggressively defending major chemical, petroleum, insurance company, and other clients in these large-scale litigations, our attorneys are particularly adept at reducing complex, technical issues to understandable concepts supported by compelling scientific and medical evidence.
Our lawyers are also highly skilled at defending class action claims and conducting liability and pharmaceutical litigation and multiparty litigation, as well as defending single-plaintiff, single-defendant cases. Our experience includes brokering advantageous large inventory settlements involving multiple plaintiffs' counsel and claims from several jurisdictions.
We currently serve as national coordinating counsel for a large company in connection with a portfolio of almost 50,000 active product liability suits pending in state and federal courts in all 50 states, developing and implementing effective litigation strategies sensitive to the special need for consistency with the enormous volume of litigation across jurisdictions, cases, and plaintiff lawyer adversaries.
Select News & Events
- Daily Journal Again Names Ruth Kahn a ‘Top Women Lawyer’ in California
- Two Steptoe Partners Named to Law360 Editorial Advisory Boards
- Southern California Super Lawyers Recognizes 13 Steptoe Attorneys
- Reuters Quotes Mark Fitzsimmons on Hydraulic Fracturing Regulation
- "The Intersection of Science and the Law: Life in the Post-Daubert World," National Complex Litigation Conference: A Symposium on Current & Emerging Issues
- “Part 1: Add Some Shock and Awe,” DRI Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Seminar
- “What to Consider When Your Docket Goes from Class Action to Mass Action,” ABA Environmental, Mass Torts and Products Liability Litigation Committees’ Joint CLE Seminar
- Co-chair and Presentation on "Jury Considerations for Your Fracking Case," HB Litigation's Shale Gas Drilling Operations (Fracking) Conference