Products Liability, Pharmaceutical & Mass Tort Litigation
Steptoe & Johnson LLP boasts one of the premier products liability, pharmaceutical and mass tort litigation defense practices in the United States. Aggressively defending major chemical, petroleum, insurance company, and other clients in these large-scale litigations, our attorneys are particularly adept at reducing complex, technical issues to understandable concepts supported by compelling scientific and medical evidence.
Our lawyers are also highly skilled at defending class action claims and conducting liability and pharmaceutical litigation and multiparty litigation, as well as defending single-plaintiff, single-defendant cases. Our experience includes brokering advantageous large inventory settlements involving multiple plaintiffs' counsel and claims from several jurisdictions.
We currently serve as national coordinating counsel for a large company in connection with a portfolio of almost 50,000 active product liability suits pending in state and federal courts in all 50 states, developing and implementing effective litigation strategies sensitive to the special need for consistency with the enormous volume of litigation across jurisdictions, cases, and plaintiff lawyer adversaries.
Select News & Events
- Steptoe Receives 68 Rankings in US News - Best Lawyers' ‘Best Law Firms’
- Phoenix Business Journal Names Tim Overton to ‘40 Under 40’ List
- Steptoe Receives 26 Practice, 120 Individual Mentions in Legal 500 US 2016
- Daily Journal Names Jennifer Bonneville to ‘Top 40 Lawyers Under 40’ List
- Speaker, “Houston, is there a Problem? Disputing Defect When Others Disagree – and the Risks Posed,” 28th Annual Product Liability Conference at University of Wisconsin, September 15, 2016
- “Class Actions & The U.S. Supreme Court’s 2015-2016 Term,” 2016 DRI Product Liability Conference
- “Discussion on How Adequate Warnings Can Help a Defense Attorney Win a Lawsuit,” 2016 DRI Product Liability Conference
- “Practical Pointers on Experts: Effectively Cross-Examining Plaintiff’s Expert, Sharing Defense Experts, and Developing Qualified Newer Experts,” American Conference Institute