Products Liability, Pharmaceutical & Mass Tort Litigation
Steptoe & Johnson LLP boasts one of the premier products liability, pharmaceutical and mass tort litigation defense practices in the United States. Aggressively defending major chemical, petroleum, insurance company, and other clients in these large-scale litigations, our attorneys are particularly adept at reducing complex, technical issues to understandable concepts supported by compelling scientific and medical evidence.
Our lawyers are also highly skilled at defending class action claims and conducting liability and pharmaceutical litigation and multiparty litigation, as well as defending single-plaintiff, single-defendant cases. Our experience includes brokering advantageous large inventory settlements involving multiple plaintiffs' counsel and claims from several jurisdictions.
We currently serve as national coordinating counsel for a large company in connection with a portfolio of almost 50,000 active product liability suits pending in state and federal courts in all 50 states, developing and implementing effective litigation strategies sensitive to the special need for consistency with the enormous volume of litigation across jurisdictions, cases, and plaintiff lawyer adversaries.
Select News & Events
- Steptoe Receives 64 Rankings in US News - Best Lawyers' ‘Best Law Firms’
- Steptoe Receives 26 Practice, 103 Individual Mentions in Legal 500 US 2015
- Steptoe Again Claims Spot on Daily Journal’s ‘Top 10 Defense Verdicts’ List
- Law360 Quotes Jennifer Quinn-Barabanov on Whirlpool Moldy Washer Verdict
- 2016 DRI Product Liability Conference
- “Practical Pointers on Experts: Effectively Cross-Examining Plaintiff’s Expert, Sharing Defense Experts, and Developing Qualified Newer Experts,” American Conference Institute
- “Media Crush and Ethics,” Mass Torts Judicial Forum with Hon. Marina Corodemus
- Vapor Intrusion: An Old Problem Made New