Areas of Practice
- Harvard Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1984, Editor, Recent Developments, Harvard International Law Journal
- University of Michigan, A.B., high distinction, 1977
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 8119
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Anthony LaRocca is a transportation partner in Steptoe's Washington office. His practice focuses on the economic regulation of railroads. He represents railroads in adversarial proceedings and rulemakings before the Surface Transportation Board (STB) and in federal court litigation on matters involving rate regulation, competition, and commercial practices. He also represents railroads in cases relating to the federal preemption of state and federal laws affecting rail transportation. He frequently advises railroads on a range of commercial matters.
Mr. LaRocca has an extensive background in antitrust law. His antitrust practice has focused on the application of antitrust law in regulated industries and the application of antitrust law in the context of international transactions and international trade. Mr. LaRocca has advised US and foreign clients on antitrust issues relating to mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures. He has also worked on antitrust matters relating to international trade disputes.
In addition, Mr. LaRocca has worked extensively on international trade regulation. He has represented several domestic and foreign clients in unfair trade litigation before federal agencies, particularly in disputes arising under the US antidumping laws. He has also handled appeals relating to these disputes before the Court of International Trade.
- Band 1, Chambers USA, Transportation: Rail (for Railroads) (Nationwide), 2015
- Chambers USA, Transportation: Rail (for Railroads) (Nationwide), 2009-2014
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers, Transportation: Maritime, 2013-2016
- Best Lawyers in America, Railroad and Transportation Law, 2007-2017
Select News & Events
- Steptoe Receives 80 Individual Mentions in Best Lawyers 2017
- Steptoe Receives 20 Practice, 63 Individual Mentions in Chambers USA 2016
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 55 Steptoe Attorneys
- Steptoe Receives 75 Individual Mentions in Best Lawyers 2016
- Steptoe Receives 20 Practice, 60 Individual Mentions in Chambers USA 2015
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 54 Steptoe Attorneys
- Recent Changes in the Scope of the Market Dominance Standard in Rail Rate RegulationWinter 2003, The Transportation Antitrust Update