ERISA, Labor & Employment
Steptoe offers counseling and litigation services for employers in all aspects of employment law and labor relations, including legislative representation in the US Congress.
In particular, we have been providing plan sponsors, fiduciaries, and service providers with effective representation related to ERISA matters for almost four decades. Our attorneys address complex tax, Title I (fiduciary), Title IV (plan termination and withdrawal liability), transactional, and legislative matters and provide effective representation for ERISA-related litigation.
Steptoe also represents employers in employment-related litigation at all levels of the state and federal system throughout the United States. Our attorneys have successfully litigated local jury trials, large class actions, and enforcement proceedings brought by government agencies. In addition, we have frequently represented parties and amici before all levels of appellate courts, including the US Supreme Court.
- Received a #1 Ranking in Chambers USA 2005-2014: America's Leading Business Lawyers; ERISA Litigation (Nationwide)
- Received a #1 Ranking in Chambers USA 2007-2014: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Labor & Employment (Arizona)
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2005-2014: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (District of Columbia)
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2010-2014: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Nationwide)
- Ranked in Legal 500 US 2010-2014; Labor & Employment: ERISA Litigation
- Ranked in Legal 500 US 2012-14; Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Select News & Events
- Media Quote Paul Ondrasik on SCOTUS Fifth Third Bancorp Decision
- Steptoe Receives 18 Practice, 75 Individual Mentions in Legal 500 US 2014
- Law360 Quotes Bob Rizzi on Supreme Court Ruling on Recess Appointments
- Steptoe Adds Joni Andrioff to Tax and ERISA, Labor & Employment Groups
- “Fiduciary Responsibilities/Prohibited Transactions,” Practising Law Institute’s (PLI’s) ERISA: The Evolving World 2014
- "Pension Portability - International Perspectives," Benefits Without Borders Conference
- "Lessons from Employment Law: Learning from the Past and Looking Toward the Future,” Guest Lecturer, 2014 State Bar Convention, Tucson, AZ, June 13, 2014
- 11th Annual Labor Relations Conference