ERISA, Labor & Employment
Steptoe offers counseling and litigation services for employers in all aspects of employment law and labor relations, including legislative representation in the US Congress.
In particular, we have been providing plan sponsors, fiduciaries, and service providers with effective representation related to ERISA matters for almost four decades. Our attorneys address complex tax, Title I (fiduciary), Title IV (plan termination and withdrawal liability), transactional, and legislative matters and provide effective representation for ERISA-related litigation.
Steptoe also represents employers in employment-related litigation at all levels of the state and federal system throughout the United States. Our attorneys have successfully litigated local jury trials, large class actions, and enforcement proceedings brought by government agencies. In addition, we have frequently represented parties and amici before all levels of appellate courts, including the US Supreme Court.
- Received a #1 Ranking in Chambers USA 2005-2012: America's Leading Business Lawyers; ERISA Litigation (Nationwide)
- Received a #1 Ranking in Chambers USA 2007-2011: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Labor & Employment (Arizona)
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2005-2012: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (District of Columbia)
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2010-2012: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Nationwide)
- Ranked in Legal 500 US 2010-2012; Labor & Employment: ERISA Litigation
- Ranked in Legal 500 US 2012; Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Select News & Events
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 42 Steptoe Attorneys
- Southwest Super Lawyers Recognizes 14 Steptoe Lawyers
- Ranking Arizona 2013 Recognizes Steptoe Lawyers
- Ignites Quotes Eric Serron on New 401(k)-Fee Class Action Complaint
- Tenth Annual Labor Relations Conference
- "Benefit Efficiency – How to Control Costs and Get the Most Out of Your Plans," Third Annual Law Firm Pension, Health & Welfare Plans Breakfast Briefing
- “Other Regulatory Regimes Affecting the Investment Management Industry,” PLI’s Investment Management Institute 2013
- “OTC Clearing – An Overview and Update on ERISA Issues,” 2013 Deutsche Bank ERISA Event