ERISA, Labor & Employment
Steptoe offers counseling and litigation services for employers in all aspects of employment law and labor relations, including legislative representation in the US Congress.
In particular, we have been providing plan sponsors, fiduciaries, and service providers with effective representation related to ERISA matters for almost four decades. Our attorneys address complex tax, Title I (fiduciary), Title IV (plan termination and withdrawal liability), transactional, and legislative matters and provide effective representation for ERISA-related litigation.
Steptoe also represents employers in employment-related litigation at all levels of the state and federal system throughout the United States. Our attorneys have successfully litigated local jury trials, large class actions, and enforcement proceedings brought by government agencies. In addition, we have frequently represented parties and amici before all levels of appellate courts, including the US Supreme Court.
- Received a #1 Ranking in Chambers USA 2005-2013: America's Leading Business Lawyers; ERISA Litigation (Nationwide)
- Received a #1 Ranking in Chambers USA 2007-2013: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Labor & Employment (Arizona)
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2005-2012: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (District of Columbia)
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2010-2012: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Nationwide)
- Ranked in Legal 500 US 2010-2013; Labor & Employment: ERISA Litigation
- Ranked in Legal 500 US 2012-13; Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Select News & Events
- AzBusiness Leaders Features Three Steptoe Partners
- Steptoe Receives 19 Practice, 56 Individual Mentions in Chambers USA 2013
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 42 Steptoe Attorneys
- Southwest Super Lawyers Recognizes 14 Steptoe Lawyers
- “Fiduciary Standard and Personalized Investment Advice - DOL Standard versus SEC Standard,” Savings & Retirement Seminar
- Co-Chair, 26th Annual ERISA Litigation Conference
- “401(k) Fee Cases,” 26th Annual ERISA Litigation Conference
- Counsel-to-Counsel Asia Exchange