ERISA, Labor & Employment
Steptoe offers counseling and litigation services for employers in all aspects of employment law and labor relations, including legislative representation in the US Congress.
In particular, we have been providing plan sponsors, fiduciaries, and service providers with effective representation related to ERISA matters for almost four decades. Our attorneys address complex tax, Title I (fiduciary), Title IV (plan termination and withdrawal liability), transactional, and legislative matters and provide effective representation for ERISA-related litigation.
Steptoe also represents employers in employment-related litigation at all levels of the state and federal system throughout the United States. Our attorneys have successfully litigated local jury trials, large class actions, and enforcement proceedings brought by government agencies. In addition, we have frequently represented parties and amici before all levels of appellate courts, including the US Supreme Court.
- Received a #1 Ranking in Chambers USA 2005-2014: America's Leading Business Lawyers; ERISA Litigation (Nationwide)
- Received a #1 Ranking in Chambers USA 2007-2014: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Labor & Employment (Arizona)
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2005-2014: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (District of Columbia)
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2010-2014: America's Leading Business Lawyers; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Nationwide)
- Ranked in Legal 500 US 2010-2014; Labor & Employment: ERISA Litigation
- Ranked in Legal 500 US 2012-14; Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Select News & Events
- Ron Cooper Featured in Law360 Series ‘Employers’ EEOC Survival Guide’
- USA Today Quotes Steve Wheeless on NFL Domestic Violence Response
- Best Lawyers Names Four Steptoe Partners 'Lawyers of the Year'
- Stephanie Quincy Named to ‘Most Influential Women in Arizona Business’ List
- “Financial Services Conflicts of Interest & Fiduciary Duties 2015: Navigating the Emerging Regulatory Maze,” Practising Law Institute (PLI)
- “New and Emerging Trends in Private Company ESOP Litigation,” ACI's 8th National Forum on ERISA Litigation
- “Fiduciary Responsibilities/Prohibited Transactions,” Practising Law Institute’s (PLI’s) ERISA: The Evolving World 2014
- "Pension Portability - International Perspectives," Benefits Without Borders Conference