- Audits, Investigations & Disclosures
- Battle Space & Contingency Operations Contracting
- Bid Protests
- Energy-Related Contracting with the US Government
- Ethics & Compliance
- False Claims Act
- Government Contractor Acquisitions and Mergers
- Government Contractor IP and Trade Secret (Reverse FOIA) Protection
- GSA Schedules & Commercial Products
- Healthcare Procurement
- International Procurement
- Suspension & Debarment
- Teaming & Subcontracting
- Export Controls
- Industrial Security
- International Regulation & Compliance
- IP Government Contracts
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- National and Homeland Security
- Tax Treatment of Exempt Organizations
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
Steptoe’s Government Contracts Group combines Steptoe’s litigation prowess with an extraordinary breadth of experience in government contracting issues. The group is built around a team of highly experienced lawyers who are familiar with all aspects of the government procurement process and who function in a collegial and highly cooperative manner. This enables us to respond quickly and seamlessly to meet the needs of our clients, both large and small, and to provide them with innovative solutions to complex government contracting issues.
We provide a full range of services to clients who conduct business with governmental entities, including representing clients in bid protests, contract claims, investigations, and claims under the False Claims Act. We also regularly advise clients on complying with the complex maze of regulations and contract terms applicable to entities conducting business with the government. To meet the needs of our clients, Steptoe’s Government Contracts team also draws on the firm’s experience in related disciplines, such as international regulation and compliance, white-collar criminal defense, homeland and national security, intellectual property, antitrust, employment law, and mergers and acquisitions. At the same time, Steptoe maintains a strong commitment to efficiency and respects the importance of realistic and achievable budgets that are consistent with our client’s goals.
We represent clients in the traditional aerospace and defense industries, as well as clients offering a broad array of other products and services to the government, including professional services, healthcare, information technology products and services, construction, telecommunications, transportation, public utility and energy efficiency services, engineering and project management services, office furniture and various other commercial products and services. We also represent clients, including non-profits and NGOs, on matters relating to grants and cooperative agreements, including compliance, federal cost principles and OMB Circular requirements, and audits and investigations.
Select News & Events
- Steptoe’s Government Contracts, Homeland Security Groups Add Michael Mutek
- Law360 Quotes Michael Navarre on Human Trafficking Rule Concerns
- Steptoe Announces Promotions
- Andy Irwin Elected Council Member of ABA Section of Public Contract Law
- “Accounting (Fraud) 101: False Claims Act Risks based on Accounting,” GWSCPA’s 11th Annual Government Contracting Conference
- "Procurement Integrity and Supplier Debarment," Transparency International Canada Inc.
- "Professor’s Forum Webinar: Applicability of OCIs and PCIs," Public Contracting Institute
- "Masters Academy: Best Practices in Government Contracting Seminar," Public Contracting Institute