- Exempt Organizations
- Export Controls
- IP Government Contracts
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
Our Government Contracts team combines Steptoe’s litigation prowess with extraordinary breadth of expertise and experience in government contracting issues. The team is built around a collegial group of partners who have practiced together at the firm for over twenty years. We function in a highly cooperative manner, enabling us to deploy our lawyers quickly and seamlessly to meet the demands of large and urgent matters. We also draw with ease from among the many Steptoe attorneys who are experts in related disciplines, such as international regulation & compliance, white-collar criminal defense, intellectual property, antitrust, and employment, whenever a matter transcends the traditional contours of government contract law.
We maintain a strong commitment to efficiency, including “best athlete” staffing rather than conventional multi-layered hierarchies. We respect the importance of realistic budgets and cost-effective game plans, and we counsel all of our clients on how to solve problems in ways that will avoid or minimize litigation risks, and how to resolve disputes through ADR and other measures costing far less than full-fledged litigation.
Select News & Events
- Washington Post Quotes Michael Navarre on Judge’s Ruling in WikiLeaks Case
- Associated Press Quotes Michael Navarre on Plea Offer in WikiLeaks Case
- Steptoe’s Navarre Appears on ABC News to Discuss Trial of Accused 9/11 Conspirators
- McClatchy Quotes Steptoe’s Navarre on Civilian Court-Martial Case
- “Protections Against Trafficking In Persons In Federal Contracts,” Federal Acquisition Regulatory Council Meeting
- Export Controls, Compliance and National Security Concerns, Government Contracts Year in Review Conference
- Government Contracting at Home and Abroad in a Time of Budget Cuts and Global Security Risks Webinar
- "Why Businesses Traffick and How They Avoid Prosecution," Combating Labor Trafficking Conference