Join Steptoe's Antitrust practice for a webinar discussing digital platforms and technology markets, the varying approaches of antitrust authorities on both sides of the Atlantic, and the digital agenda of the new EU Commission.
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. EST / 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. CET
If you are unable to participate in the live webinar but would like to receive a link to the recording following the event, please click here.
The last three years have seen multiple decisions and investigations in the European Union by the EU Commission and by national member state authorities, while scrutiny continues to increase in the United States at both the federal and state level. We are also seeing the launch of a digital economy program as part of the new Commission's agenda, as well as technology task forces and forthcoming guidance from the US agencies.
This will be the second in our series of webinars discussing hot topics and emerging issues in antitrust.
- David O'Sullivan, Senior Counselor and Former EU Commission Secretary General and EU Ambassador to the US
- Charles Whiddington, Partner
- Damon Kalt, Partner and former DOJ Antitrust Division trial attorney
- Paul Hughes, Of Counsel
Topics for Discussion:
- Antitrust concerns raised by digital platforms - how are the authorities approaching conduct in Europe; what can we learn from the cases?
- What is the approach to market definition and what is the policy direction of the EU Commission?
- What role does privacy and data protection play in the competitive analysis in Europe?
- What are the developments in the US and what is the direction of travel?
- Is the current US antitrust paradigm sufficient to address conduct in digital markets or is a new approach needed?
Steptoe is CLE accredited in CA, IL, and NY. If seeking CLE credit in other jurisdictions, please make note in your registration form and we will apply on your behalf.