Kate Johnson is a trusted patent litigator known for her efficiency and quick-thinking. She advises clients and litigates cases across a variety of technical fields, including Hatch-Waxman litigation and other pharmaceutical matters, automotive parts, medical devices, chemical processes, and nutritional compositions.
Kate has represented numerous clients in federal district courts, US Patent and Trademark Office proceedings, including inter partes reviews (IPRs), appeals before the Federal Circuit, and International Trade Commission investigations. She routinely handles many complex litigation matters including pre-suit counseling and strategy, case management, expert and fact discovery, witness preparation, dispositive motion practice, oral argument, and claim construction.
Kate is a Registered Patent Attorney with the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US Patent & Trademark Office
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 2010, cum laude
- B.S., University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2007, Chemical Engineering
Areas of Work
News & Publications
May 13, 2020
April 13, 2020
March 26, 2020
January 29, 2020
February 7, 2019
January 28, 2019
January 25, 2018
January 13, 2017
January 8, 2016
December 16, 2015
Super Lawyers, Illinois, "Rising Star," Intellectual Property Litigation (2016-2020)