Areas of Practice
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2009
- Indiana University, B.A., Political Science, 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 5513
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
William L. Drake is an associate in Steptoe’s Washington office, where he is a member of the Litigation Department. Mr. Drake’s practice focuses on white-collar criminal defense and internal investigations.
Prior to entering law school, Mr. Drake worked as a political campaign strategist and a public affairs specialist, and as a result, he is well-versed in Federal Election Campaign Act compliance. He has represented Members of Congress and high-ranking government employees in public corruption criminal matters and investigations. Mr. Drake has also managed large-scale corporate investigations and represented private sector clients accused of violating federal antitrust and foreign corruption laws.
In addition, Mr. Drake participates in Steptoe’s pro bono program and has represented clients in employment and housing discrimination claims as well as in appellate matters before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers "Rising Star," White-Collar Criminal Defense, 2014 - 2016
Select News & Events
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 55 Steptoe Attorneys
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 54 Steptoe Attorneys
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 59 Steptoe Attorneys