Join Steptoe for a complimentary webinar focused on the County of Maui decision and its implications on the regulated community.
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
Can't make it? Sign up anyway and receive the link to listen on demand at a time that suits you.
The United States Supreme Court's recent County of Maui decision extended the reach of the Clean Water Act (CWA) to groundwater contamination in certain circumstances. The decision has raised a great deal of concern among industries who utilize surface impoundments or injection wells for waste management, or who face the potential for pipeline spills that may impact groundwater.
Topics for discussion include:
- NPDES permits and when they are required
- The County of Maui decision and its impact on CWA litigation and permitting
- Recent EPA guidance on groundwater and potential changes under the Biden Administration
- Practical considerations for evaluating potential CWA liability for groundwater releases
- Final thoughts on the future of CWA litigation and permitting involving groundwater