Join members of Steptoe's Exempt Organizations and Tax practice for a complimentary webinar discussing the recently released proposed regulations on the calculation of unrelated business income tax.
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m EDT
If you could not join us live, please click here and we'll share the on demand recording.
On April 24, Treasury and the IRS published proposed regulations under section 512(a)(6) (the UBIT siloing rule), which provide comprehensive rules for the calculation of unrelated business income tax for separate unrelated trades or businesses.
This webinar will:
- Explain the proposed regulations
- Identify areas where there are open issues
- Provide guidance on how to submit effective comments
- Elinor Ramey, partner and former attorney-advisor in the Office of Tax Policy, US Treasury Department
- Suzanne Ross McDowell, senior counsel and former associate tax legislative counsel in the Office of Tax Policy, US Treasury Department
- Eric Solomon, partner and former assistant secretary for tax policy, US Treasury Department
CLE Credit Available:
- New York: 1.0 hour of CLE credit.
- California: 1.0 hour of CLE credit. No credit may be claimed for required CLE in legal ethics, recognition and elimination of bias in the legal profession, and competence issues.
- Illinois: 1.0 hour of General CLE credit.
If seeking CLE credit in other jurisdictions, please make note in your registration form.