Neil Dooley represents clients on complex cross-border fraud claims, most notably with a Russian element, and has a proven track record of delivering results, obtaining freezing orders, and finding commercial solutions. In particular, he has litigated many fraud claims including those in the financial services, insurance, pharmaceutical, and property industries. Neil frequently works with foreign lawyers and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
- Solicitor, England & Wales
- The College of Law, 1990, Law Society Final
- King's College, 1988, Law
Areas of Work
- Representing the National Bank of Moldova following a US $1 billion fraud on various banks in 2014.
- Acting for National Trust Bank, a Russian bank that had to be bailed out in 2014 by the injection of US $1 billion. Proceedings are on foot in England against the bank’s former owners in respect of their alleged frauds, with worldwide freezing orders.
- Acting for Otkritie, a Russian bank, following a US $150 million fraud. Following a mammoth 46-day trial, Neil is now enforcing the judgement worldwide including in Switzerland, Russia, Spain, Latvia, Israel and Georgia. We have also assisted law enforcement agencies worldwide leading to convictions against a number of perpetrators of the fraud.
- Acting for Otkritie Capital in a US $100 million claim against Threadneedle Asset Management, one of the world’s largest fund managers, arising from the involvement of a dishonest Threadneedle employee in a fraud.
- Advising a UK financial institution in relation to its knowledge of an alleged fraud, which resulted in an in-depth internet investigation to determine its role.
News & Publications
January 27, 2020
October 17, 2019
July 16, 2019
November 6, 2018
October 11, 2017
January 25, 2017
September 19, 2016
August 2, 2016
New Law Journal
June 16, 2016
August 7, 2015
- Chambers UK, Fraud: Civil (2020)
- Legal 500 UK, Crime, Fraud and Licensing: Fraud: Civil (2016-2020)
- Legal 500 UK, Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation (2017-2020)