(July 19, 2019, Washington, DC) — Steptoe's Intellectual Property Group received four practice and 12 individual mentions for lawyers in the 2019 edition of Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine's IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Practitioners. The IAM Patent 1000 is a guide designed to identify the top patent prosecution, licensing and litigation practitioners in key jurisdictions worldwide. The results are based on a five-month long research process in which IAM conducted telephone interviews with patent specialists around the globe.
The firm's Intellectual Property Group is ranked in the following practice areas in the 2019 IAM Patent 1000:
- Litigation (DC Metro Area)
- Litigation (Illinois)
- Litigation (New York)
- Prosecution (New York)
The following Steptoe partners are ranked in the 2019 IAM Patent 1000:
- John Abramic – Litigation (Illinois)
- John Caracappa – Litigation (DC Metro Area)
- Boyd Cloern – Litigation (DC Metro Area)
- Kelly Eberspecher – Litigation (Illinois)
- Tom Filarski – Litigation (Illinois) and Transactions (Illinois)
- Harold Fox – Prosecution (DC Metro Area)
- Vishal Gupta – Litigation (New York)
- Ying Li – Prosecution (New York)
- John Molenda – Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (National) and Litigation (New York)
- Jay Nuttall – Litigation (Illinois)
Read more on the rankings in Intellectual Asset Management.
In more than 100 years of practice, Steptoe has earned an international reputation for vigorous representation of clients before governmental agencies, successful advocacy in litigation and arbitration, and creative and practical advice in structuring business transactions. Steptoe has more than 500 lawyers and other professional staff across offices in Beijing, Brussels, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington. For more information, visit www.steptoe.com.