- Class Action
- Consumer Products
- E-Discovery & Document Retention
- International Arbitration
- Products Liability, Pharmaceutical & Mass Tort Litigation
- Toxic Tort
Hazardous Products/Toxic Torts Coverage Litigation & Counseling
We litigate coverage disputes arising out of a variety of product liability claims, including Agent Orange, tobacco, latex gloves, heart valves, breast implants, welding rods, lead paint, benzene, and many more.
We devise strategies and arguments addressing a broad spectrum of complex coverage issues, including trigger and scope of coverage, fortuity, retrospective premiums, notice, and the meaning and intent of various exclusions.
Our practice in this area also includes a substantial amount of complex business and settlement negotiations, counseling, mediations and other ADR proceedings.
- Pope v. Econ. Fire & Cas. Co., 779 N.E.2d 461 (Ill. Ct. App. 2002), leave to appeal denied, 787 N.E.2d 181 (Ill. 2003)
- G.E. Tignall & Co., Inc. v. Reliance Nat’l Ins. Co., 102 F. Supp. 2d 300 (D. Md. 2000)
- Liggett Group Inc. v. ACE Prop. & Cas. Ins. Co., 798 A.2d 1024 (Del. 2002)
Select News & Events
- Steptoe Receives 18 Practice, 75 Individual Mentions in Legal 500 US 2014
- Law360 Features Harry Lee for Practice Leaders Q&A
- Risk Assessment Webinar