Steptoe's Second Annual Regulatory Symposium, originally planned for May 2020, is going virtual! Rather than host another half-day program, we've divided the symposium into four separate offerings. We hope you'll join us!
Elections Matter – Potential Impact of the Presidential Election on US Regulatory Agencies and Industries
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EDT
Obviously, if the party in the White House changes, the control of nearly all US Government agencies will flip. Even if the President is reelected, there is an inevitability of turnover with regulators leaving their current positions creating vacancies for new officials who may have difference experiences and priorities. The results of the Congressional elections will also affect the oversight and funding of these same regulators. Furthermore, if there is fundamental change and one party controls the White House and both Houses of Congress, there could be statutory changes in areas affecting a vast array of regulated industries.
This panel will explore the various scenarios facing the industries regulated by a number of regulatory agencies.
- Christopher Conte, Partner, Steptoe
- Micah Green, Partner, Steptoe
- Matthew Kulkin, Partner, Steptoe
- Marc Spitzer, Partner, Steptoe
- Lisa Zarlenga, Partner, Steptoe
Other Sessions in the Symposium:
- September 10: Opening Plenary Session
- September 24: Infrastructure Streamlining and Funding – What’s New and What’s Next?
- October 8: Mergers in Regulated Industries
September 10, 2020
Speaker: Pantelis Michalopoulos
September 24, 2020