Investigations and enforcement actions can present significant risks and potential disruptions for companies, and assessing how they may impact your company presents its own challenges. Join Steptoe's cross-disciplinary team on Wednesday, July 21, for the next complimentary webinar in our quarterly series focused on the latest developments and key issues arising in international investigations and enforcement matters across jurisdictions, law enforcement agencies, and areas of practice.
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. ET
Can't make it? Sign up here and receive the link to listen on demand at a time that suits you.
Topics for discussion include key developments and trends involving:
- Economic sanctions and export controls
- New York white-collar criminal cases – key legal concepts
- Procurement Collusion Strike Force (criminal antitrust/False Claims Act)
- SEC/CFTC enforcement
- UK and EU developments
- Updates on US insider trading law
- US congressional investigations
While FCPA and corruption is a topic we'd typically cover, we'll save updates on that area for our Q3 review in October.
- Jason Abel, Partner in Steptoe's Government Affairs & Public Policy group; and former chief counsel for US Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer when Sen. Schumer was Chairman of the US Senate Committee on Rules & Administration; and former counsel for Sen. Schumer in his personal office
- Elizabeth H. Baird, Partner in Steptoe's Investigations & White-Collar Defense group; and former Deputy Director, Division of Trading and Markets, US Securities and Exchange Commission
- Chris Conte, Partner in Steptoe's Investigations & White-Collar Defense group; and former Associate Director, Division of Enforcement, US Securities and Exchange Commission
- Stacie R. Hartman, Partner and Co-chair of Steptoe's Financial Services Group
- Patrick Linehan, Partner in Steptoe's Investigations & White-Collar Defense group
- Lucinda Low, Partner and head of Steptoe's FCPA practice
- Michael Miller, Partner in Steptoe's Investigations & White-Collar Defense group
- Zoe Osborne, Partner in Steptoe's Investigations & White-Collar Defense group
- David M. Stetson, Partner in Steptoe's International Trade and Regulatory Compliance group; former senior lawyer at the US Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC); and former global co-head of sanctions compliance at Goldman Sachs
- Wendy Wysong, Partner and co-head of Steptoe's Investigations & White-Collar Defense group; former Assistant US Attorney in Washington; and former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Export Enforcement in the Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry & Security (BIS)
CLE Credit Available:
- New York: 1.5 hour of CLE credit.
- California: 1.5 hour of CLE credit. No credit may be claimed for required CLE in legal ethics, recognition and elimination of bias in the legal profession, and competence issues.
- Illinois: 1.5 hour of General CLE credit.
If you are seeking CLE credit for participation in the live event in other jurisdictions, please make a note in your registration form.