Investigations and enforcement actions can present significant risks and potential disruptions for companies, and assessing how they may impact your company presents its own challenges. Join Steptoe's cross-disciplinary team on Thursday, October 28, for the next complimentary webinar in our quarterly series focused on the latest developments and key issues arising in international investigations and enforcement matters across jurisdictions, law enforcement agencies, and areas of practice.
Topics for discussion include key developments and trends involving:
- Economic sanctions and export controls
- False Claims Act
- SEC, CFTC, and FINRA enforcement
- Updates on US insider trading law
- UK and EU developments
While antitrust and US congressional investigations are topics we'd typically cover, we'll save updates on those areas for our Q4 program tentatively scheduled for January 2022.
Date: Thursday, October 28, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. ET
Can't make it? Sign up here and receive the link to listen on demand at a time that suits you.
- Chris Conte, Partner in Steptoe's Investigations & White-Collar Defense group; and former Associate Director, Division of Enforcement, US Securities and Exchange Commission
- Erica Gerson, Partner in Steptoe's Financial Services practice; and former Associate Director in FINRA's National Cause and Financial Crimes Detection Programs department and FINRA Enforcement attorney
- Stacie R. Hartman, Partner and Co-chair of Steptoe's Financial Services group
- Paul Hurst, Partner and head of Steptoe's Government Contracts practice
- Lucinda Low, Partner and head of Steptoe's FCPA practice
- Michael Miller, Partner in Steptoe's Investigations & White-Collar Defense group
- Zoe Osborne, Partner in Steptoe's Investigations & White-Collar Defense group
- Wendy Wysong, Partner and co-head of Steptoe’s Investigations & White-Collar Defense group; former Assistant US Attorney in Washington; and former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Export Enforcement in the Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry & Security (BIS)
CLE Credit Available
Steptoe is an accredited CLE provider in New York, California, and Illinois and is pleased to offer the following credit for participation in the live event. If you are seeking credit in other jurisdictions, please make a note in your registration form and we’ll apply on your behalf.
- New York: This program is approved for 1.5 hours of CLE credit including 1.5 hours in areas of professional practice. The content and format are suitable for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
- California: 1.5 hours of CLE credit. No credit may be claimed for required CLE in legal ethics, recognition and elimination of bias in the legal profession, and competence issues.
- Illinois: 1.5 hours of General CLE credit.