Alternative Investment Market
Steptoe's corporate practice in London focuses on businesses considering flotations on the London Alternative Investment Market (AIM). The London office has particular focus on the emerging markets including China, India, and Russia.
Steptoe has established a network of key contacts within the AIM professional community, including connections with the nominated advisers (nomads) and the brokers. These contacts can be critical in the successful funding of the particular opportunities that businesses are seeking to pursue.
We have a group of attorneys who are focused and familiar with the issues confronting businesses located in China, India, and Russia with regard to the AIM process. Our attorneys provide a seamless service on advising such businesses with respect to the regulatory and corporate issues confronting such businesses coming to the market.
In recent months, there has been particular interest from businesses located in China, India, and Russia with regard to flotations on the AIM market.
- Represented the nominated adviser on the flotation of Sinosoft Technology plc, a leading developer and provider of software and IT solutions to the Chinese government
- Represented the nominated adviser on the flotation of ReneSola Ltd., a Chinese manufacturer of solar wafers for use in the production of solar energy
- Advised a mobile phone company on its initial public offering on AIM
- Represented an e-commerce service provider on its flotation on AIM
- Represented Lo-Q, a UK electronics company, on its flotation on AIM
- Advised two electronic security companies on the reverse takeover onto AIM and subsequent merger of the companies
- Represented several AIM listed companies on US securities law issues relating to US fundraising