Zvi Hahn has a broad tax practice covering international tax planning for US and foreign corporations and individuals, international financing and derivative transactions, financial instruments, subpart F and passive foreign investment company (PFIC) issues, and US real estate investments. Zvi has advised multinational groups with respect to structuring and restructuring of their international operations and with respect to cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and financing transactions. He also has advised numerous investment funds and hedge funds in connection with various tax matters relating to their formation, operations, and investment and trading activities.
Additionally, Zvi has significant experience representing high-net-worth individuals and families with respect to international tax planning, including immigration to, or expatriation from, the United States.
Zvi is an adjunct professor of law at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University, where he has taught a course on international tax since 2003.
- New York
- J.S.D., New York University School of Law
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, Taxation
- LL.B., Tel Aviv University Buchmann Faculty of Law, magna cum laude, Law
- B.A., Tel Aviv University Eitan Berglas School of Economics, magna cum laude
Areas of Practice
"The US Tax Reform and Its Implications," STEP Israel Annual Conference, June 20, 2018
"International Tax Updates," STEP Israel Annual Conference, June 15, 2016
"International Taxation," Israel's Third Foreign Law Firms Conference, June 7, 2016
News & Publications
May 30, 2018
June 2, 2017
August 1, 2016
- Legal 500 US, Tax: US Taxes, non-contentious (2018)
- Who's Who Legal: Corporate Tax (2017)
- Legal 500 US, Tax: Domestic Tax (2015)
- American Bar Association
- Committee on Taxation of Business Entities, Association of the Bar of the City of New York