Steptoe has a full-service lease finance practice. Our lawyers have extensive experience representing lenders, equity participants, lessees, lessors, users, sellers, and purchasers in the lease financing of equipment and other capital assets of all types.
Among these assets, we have been involved in lease financings of power-generation facilities, aircraft, passenger rail cars, rolling stock, containers, commercial computer equipment, telecommunications equipment, manufacturing facilities, telecommunications satellites, vehicles, drilling rigs, and vessels.
- Counsel to a consortium of lenders in the $101 million leveraged sale-leaseback of 50 rail cars.
- Counsel to the lender in connection with the leveraged lease financing of a $210 million power generating facility, owned by a western Colorado electric utility.
- Counsel to the lenders in the $623 million leveraged lease of a lignite-fired generating station in North Dakota. The transaction was particularly unusual in that it involved the structuring of common facilities arrangements with the United States' experimental coal gasification facility.
- Counsel to the lender in the financing of a $70 million hydroelectric facility in central Pennsylvania. The transaction involved novel environmental issues and required unprecedented action from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Counsel to various lenders in structuring, negotiating, and documenting a number of leveraged lease financings of power facilities, including a $185 million coal-fired, steam electric generating facility.
- Counsel to an equipment leasing company in its business of arranging and financing leveraged leases of computer equipment to major US operating companies.
- Counsel to two major airlines in connection with several aircraft and aircraft engine leasing transactions.