Jingchun (Cherry) Huang assists clients with the international legal and regulatory aspects of their trade with and investment in China, including anti-bribery, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, export control, US economic sanctions and corporate governance. She also advises clients on their cross-border mergers and acquisitions and direct investments in China, and is experienced in assisting Chinese companies in connection with their outbound investment projects.
Cherry has been working closely with a major international technology company under a special secondment arrangement for a term of six months. Under this special arrangement, Cherry assists the client in handling various corporate and commercial issues arising from its daily business operation across the Asia-Pacific region, including drafting, reviewing and revising commercial contracts in both English and Chinese and advising on various legal issues in association with its international business operation.
Cherry has a special focus on international oil and gas transactions and operational matters. She has assisted state-owned oil companies in China as well as international oil companies with mergers and acquisitions and has experience advising Chinese companies on various aspects of the operation of their international oil and gas assets. Cherry also assists clients in the financial services, insurance, alternative energy, education, e-commerce and TMT sectors.
- New York
- Chinese National Bar (non-practicing)
- LL.M., University of Michigan Law School, 2018
- LL.M., China University of Political Science and Law, 2014
- LL.B., China University of Political Science and Law, 2011
Areas of Work
- Assisting a major international technology company under a special "secondment" arrangement to handle various corporate and commercial issues arising from its daily business operation across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Assisting a Chinese national SOE in responding to investigations by World Bank and its designated independent investigator in relation to its World Bank-financed international construction projects.
- Assisting a Chinese national SOE in responding to investigations by the Asian Development Bank in relation to its ADB-financed international construction projects in Asia.
- Assisting a multibillion international investment fund with its compliance due diligence on multiple portfolio companies, focusing on anti-corruption, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, export control, economic sanctions, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment matters, assisting with post-investment compliance monitoring of portfolio companies.
- Assisting an international architect design firm with its various China projects, including reviewing, revising and negotiating multiple bilingual design contracts.
- Assisting a Chinese private company with its asset and equity investment project in the international education sector in England.
- Assisting a Chinese private company with its litigations involving product liability in multiple states of the US.
- Assisted a Chinese state-owned oil company with its multibillion-dollar divestiture of oil and gas pipeline assets located in four former CIS countries.
- Assisted an international oil company with its potential divestiture of oil and gas assets located in Myanmar.
- Assisted a Chinese provincial state-owned company with its acquisition of a majority of shares in a Norwegian publicly listed company.
- Assisted a Chinese state-owned oil company with its day-to-day international operational matters, including advising on legal issues effecting its world-wide operations in the Middle East, Europe, the Americas, Australia and Africa and preparing and reviewing post-acquisition operational contracts.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned oil company on its production sharing contract with an international oil company.
- Assisted a Chinese state-owned oil company with its oil and gas farmout project in Australia.
- Assisted a Chinese state-owned oil company in connection with disputes with its joint venture partners in Africa.
News & Publications
May 17, 2021