Areas of Practice
- Mandarin Chinese
- Stanford Law School, LL.M, 2012
- Keio University, LL.M, 2006
- Nankai University, M.A., 2003
- Nankai University, B.A., 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- China National Bar (non- practicing)
- Practicing under the direct supervision of an active member of the District of Columbia Bar
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 6495
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Bo Yue is an international associate in Steptoe’s Washington office, and focuses on anti-corruption, antitrust and competition, and international regulation and compliance.
Mr. Yue helps clients comply with the regulatory regimes in US and China. In the anti-corruption field, Mr. Yue assists with internal investigations related to compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act in various industries, including entertainment, chemical products, biotechnology, and financial services. He also advises clients on local compliance issues under the Chinese anti-corruption regime.
In the antitrust and competition area, Mr. Yue advises clients in a variety of industries on compliance strategies and enforcement risks under the Chinese Anti-Monopoly Law, and assists in defenses of price-fixing investigations in US and China. He also provides competition analysis of proposed mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic alliances, and assists clients in obtaining merger clearance in China.
Prior to joining Steptoe, Mr. Yue worked as a legal consultant with another prominent US law firm in Shanghai and Beijing, and as an intern with one of the largest law firms based in Tokyo.
Select News & Events
- Using Due Diligence to Increase Financial Transparency, AmCham China's Business Sustainability Summer Series, June 30, 2015
- Co-Author, “Adding Antitrust to NDRC’s Arsenal”CPI Competition Policy International Chronicle
- Co-Author, “Disentangling Industrial Policy and Competition Policy in China”ABA Antitrust Source
- Co-Author, “Clarity in Chinese Merger Review Procedures”Law360