Our transportation attorneys represent clients in a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters pertaining to rail, motor, and air carriage. Known for the depth of our experience in transportation litigation and appellate matters, we have participated in major cases involving rail mergers, state taxation of railroads, the creation of short line carriers, and various other cases of industry-wide significance.
We are recognized as a leading firm in virtually every major area of rail litigation and regulatory activity, and our experience in high-profile cases has given us a thorough understanding of the complex and evolving issues in rail transportation law.
In our motor carrier practice, we represent users of motor carrier services and operators of private motor carrier fleets in contract, commercial, regulatory, and Congressional matters. Our aviation practice focuses on representing foreign air carriers and other aviation interests in a variety of commercial and regulatory settings.
- Band 1, Chambers USA, Transportation: Rail (Nationwide), 2008-2015
- US News-Best Lawyers “Law Firm of the Year” in Railroad Law (Nationwide), 2013
Select News & Events
- Steptoe Announces Promotions
- Steptoe Receives 64 Rankings in US News - Best Lawyers' ‘Best Law Firms’
- Steptoe Receives 75 Individual Mentions in Best Lawyers 2016
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 54 Steptoe Attorneys
- "FERC Regulations 101: Oil, Gas, LNG and Rail"
- "Legal Careers in Transportation and Transportation Security," Federal Bar Association, Transportation and Transportation Security Law Section
- Moderator, “New Rules for High-Hazard Flammable Trains,” The American Bar Association
- "Hot Regulatory Topics in US Aviation," Aviation Assembly