Our transportation attorneys represent clients in a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters pertaining to rail, motor, and air carriage. Known for the depth of our experience in transportation litigation and appellate matters, we have participated in major cases involving rail mergers, state taxation of railroads, the creation of short line carriers, and various other cases of industry-wide significance.
We are recognized as a leading firm in virtually every major area of rail litigation and regulatory activity, and our experience in high-profile cases has given us a thorough understanding of the complex and evolving issues in rail transportation law.
In our motor carrier practice, we represent users of motor carrier services and operators of private motor carrier fleets in contract, commercial, regulatory, and Congressional matters. Our aviation practice focuses on representing foreign air carriers and other aviation interests in a variety of commercial and regulatory settings.
- Band 1, Chambers USA, Transportation: Rail (Nationwide), 2008-2015
- US News-Best Lawyers “Law Firm of the Year” in Railroad Law (Nationwide), 2013
Select News & Events
- Law360 Quotes Roy Goldberg on DOT Proposals Under Trump Administration
- Steptoe Receives 68 Rankings in US News - Best Lawyers' ‘Best Law Firms’
- Steptoe Bolsters Pipeline, Transportation Practices with Dane Jaques
- Steptoe Receives 80 Individual Mentions in Best Lawyers 2017
- Pipeline Accidents: Are You Prepared? Part Two: Cleanup & Environmental Concerns
- Pipeline Accidents: Are You Prepared? Part One: The First 48 Hours
- “STB Litigation and Process Developments,” ATLP
- “Status Report on Pending Appeals,” ATLP