- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
Steptoe’s patent practice develops and enforces patent portfolios in the United States and helps guide and coordinate the development and enforcement of patents abroad. We have extensive experience in several industries, in the following core practice areas:
- Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
- Materials Science
- Business Methods
Our lawyers have practical experience in these and other fields in academia and industry and provide sound and practical advice grounded in a thorough knowledge of the law. We skillfully guide clients through all phases of patent and technology protection, including the following:
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications before the US Patent and Trade Office and managing portfolios worldwide
- Post-grant proceedings (IPR/CBM/PGR)
- Transactions and strategic counseling
- Litigation, including Section 337 actions
Our registered patent attorneys have prosecuted thousands of patents in the various core technology areas and have engaged in numerous district court, agency, and appellate proceedings.
We also frequently counsel clients on patent portfolio development and we conduct due diligence investigations on behalf of investment groups and clients in pre-merger negotiations.
Select News & Events
- Managing Intellectual Property Names Five Steptoe Partners 'IP Stars'
- Law360 Covers Federal Circuit Win for Sandoz in Asthma Drug Patent Dispute
- Media Cover Steptoe’s Win for Sandoz in Patent Dispute Over Kid Asthma Drug
- Steptoe Bolsters ITC Litigation Practice with Steve Adkins, Matthew Bathon
- “Patent Disputes Forum,” Daily Journal
- “2015 Advanced Complex Litigation Series,” FCBA
- “US Biosimilars” ACI
- “Fundamentals of Patent Litigation 2015,” PLI