Areas of Practice
- Oklahoma State University, B.S., Journalism, 1988
Leslie A. Belcher
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 3906
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Leslie A. Belcher is a managing director in Steptoe's Washington office, where she is a member of the Government Affairs & Public Policy Group, focusing on government relations.
Ms. Belcher offers clients 25 years of experience advising members of Congress and directing government relations campaigns at a large public university. She has a diverse background of public- and private-sector experience and focuses on appropriations, tax, trade, energy, and health.
Before joining Steptoe, Ms. Belcher was an advisor in The Scott Group and an advisor in the Government Relations and Public Policy Practice Group at the law firm Collier Shannon Scott. She previously worked as the Assistant Director of Federal Relations at Oklahoma State University.
Additionally, Ms. Belcher has served on the staff of Congressmen Bill Brewster, Tom Cole, and Wes Watkins, working as Chief of Staff for Congressmen Cole and Watkins.
- Increased direct federal appropriations by 65% to a large public university.
- Obtained earmarks for economic development projects, research projects, homeland security and defense applications, and highway projects.
- Worked on legislation providing disaster relief assistance to Gulf Coast industries.
Select News & Events
- Steptoe Releases Detailed Primer on Capitol Hill’s Reconciliation Process
- Environmental Regulation in the New Administration, December 15, 2016, A Steptoe-sponsored event
- Post-Election Recap: Policymaking Agenda for 2017, November 10, 2016, A Steptoe-sponsored event
- Politico Features Steptoe’s Government Affairs 2016 Election Alert
- Steptoe Scores House Victory with Common Sense Nutrition Disclosure Act
- Steptoe Announces Promotions
- Steptoe Adds Legal and Government Relations Talent