Leslie Belcher offers clients nearly 30 years of public and private sector experience advising members of Congress, directing government relations campaigns for a variety of clients. She advises clients on the development and implementation of federal legislative strategies, with a focus on appropriations, tax, trade, energy, and health issues, and helps clients establish their Washington presence.
Leslie has a deep understanding of the legislative process and the subtle nuances of the Republican Conference and how that intersects with policy decisions. She previously served as chief of staff for Reps. Tom Cole and Wes Watkins and a legislative director for Rep. Bill Brewster. Additionally, as a former founding Blue Dog legislative director for Rep. Brewster, Leslie can effectively provide clients with a bipartisan approach, as needed.
- Leslie Belcher is a Managing Director of Government Affairs & Public Policy and does not provide legal advice.
- B.S., Oklahoma State University, 1988, Journalism
- Increased direct federal appropriations by 65% to a large public university.
- Obtained earmarks for economic development projects, research projects, homeland security and defense applications, and highway projects.
- Worked on legislation providing disaster relief assistance to Gulf Coast industries.
News & Publications
April 29, 2020
April 7, 2020
April 3, 2020
November 28, 2018
September 5, 2017
March 21, 2017
November 2, 2016
By: Jason Abel, James D. Barnette, Leslie A. Belcher, Elizabeth Hurley Burks, Christopher Caron, John T. Collins, R. Timothy Columbus, Michael V. Dunn, Luis G. Fortuño, Jessica Frend, Chelsea Gold, Micah S. Green, Kate Jensen, N. Hunter Johnston, Douglas Kantor, Lisa Mortier, Darryl Nirenberg, Allison Nyholm, Robert Rizzi, Richard Shilts, Scott A. Sinder, Amanda Pedvin Varma, Philip R. West, Lisa M. Zarlenga
October 21, 2016
November 5, 2020
November 8, 2018
Speakers: Jason Abel, James D. Barnette, Leslie A. Belcher, Elizabeth Hurley Burks, George Callas, John T. Collins, Luis G. Fortuño, Micah S. Green, Kate Jensen, N. Hunter Johnston, Darryl Nirenberg, Scott A. Sinder
August 28, 2018
May 18, 2017
December 15, 2016
November 10, 2016
Speakers: Jason Abel, James D. Barnette, Leslie A. Belcher, Elizabeth Hurley Burks, Christopher Caron, David H. Coburn, John T. Collins, Richard O. Cunningham, Ambassador Susan G. Esserman, Luis G. Fortuño, Micah S. Green, N. Hunter Johnston, Douglas Kantor, Darryl Nirenberg, Allison Nyholm, Scott A. Sinder, Amanda Pedvin Varma
- Chief of Staff, Congressman Tom Cole
- Chief of Staff, Congressman Wes Watkins
- Legislative Director, Congressman Bill Brewster
- Assistant Director, Federal Relations, Oklahoma State University