Mary Beth Buckley counsels national and international food and beverage, retail and health care companies, along with their advertising and promotion agencies, on a wide variety of advertising, marketing, social media, pricing practices and e-commerce issues. In addition to counseling, Mary Beth regularly represents clients in connection with federal and state governmental agency inquiries and investigations and also represents clients in self-regulatory proceedings.
Mary Beth's practice also includes defending clients in complex commercial and class action litigation, including consumer fraud, warranty, products liability and mass tort litigation. She has played a key role in defending food and beverage, life sciences, retail, and other consumer products companies in high-profile litigation throughout the country.
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Central District of Illinois
- US District Court, Western District of Michigan
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2001, cum laude; Sr. Williams Fellow
- B.S., University of Chicago, 1996, History
- Defending national retailers in class action lawsuits involving allegations of deceptive pricing/deceptive promotions, as well as class action suits involving non-compliance with ADA regulations, FCRA, FACTA and TCPA.
- Defending infant food manufacturer in multiple products liability actions involving allegations of foodborne illness, including fact and expert discovery, jury research, trial preparation and settlement.
- Defending medical device manufacturer in multiple products liability actions following recall of devices.
- Defending nationwide litigation against medical device manufacturer in matters involving 400+ plaintiffs.
- Successfully defeating class certification in several nationwide suits alleging consumer fraud and products liability in connection with the food and beverage industry.
"Master Class on Upgrading your Advertising Compliance Program: What Risk Management Lessons Can be Gleaned from those in the Class Action Trenches," American Conference Institute's 6th Advanced Regulatory and Compliance Summit on Food & Beverage Marketing and Advertising, May 10, 2016
News & Publications
March 18, 2019
January 28, 2019
January 4, 2018
IADC Class Actions and Multi-Party Litigation Committee Newsletter
ABA Mass Torts Litigation Newsletter Vol. 13, No. 2
January 1, 2015
- American Bar Association
- Food and Drug Law Institute